Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Oops, for some reason I thought I posted the bacon wrapped asparagus recipe before, but going back and looking through the recipes it turns out I didn't. These are great and would make a great party combo with the bacon wrapped artichoke hearts I posted last time--I know, I know, I said that in the last post, but I really think I'm going to take these to my next party.

Serves ~10, Makes ~20

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of asparagus - cut to about 5 inches
10 pieces of bacon cut in half lengthwise

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash and trim asparagus spears to about 5 inches.
Wrap 1 half of bacon around one asparagus spear so it covers the length of the spear, leaving the tip and end exposed.
Place evenly across a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is browned.
Let cool a bit, but serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment